Special Notice for Verifone VX520 & VX805 Merchants
Are you using a Verifone VX520 terminal or VX805 PIN pad? Because of a software issue, you may soon experience a continual reboot of your device or it may become completely inoperable.
If you do not receive a new download before April 30, 2020, you will be unable to process transactions.
Note: Please do this update off-hours, and batch-out before you start. This update could take up to an hour to complete
Step 1. Identify your front-end processor.
You can find this in the terminal application.
- Press purple “More” key on left side until you see “Help”.
- Press “Function” button to the right “Help” (either “F4” or “F1”).
- Look for “Processor.” It will either say “TSYS” or “GLBE” (Global).
- Choose your connection type. If you have Dial-Up, choose Dial-Up. If you have just Internet / ISP or both options, choose Internet
Step 2. Determine if you need a software update.
Click on the links to determine if you are using an outdated application.
Step 3. Download instructions.
How long will the download take? It depends on the device and the merchant’s connection.
- VX520 with no PIN pad: dial = 1.5 hours; IP = 30 minutes
- VX805 PIN pad: dial = 4 hours; IP = 1 hour
What should the merchant do if the download fails? If the download fails, please ask the merchant to try one more time.
What if the download fails again? If the merchant is still having trouble after multiple attempts, please have them call Customer & Technical Support at 866.435.0666, Option 1.