Verifone Update and Upgrade
Special Notice for Verifone VX520 Merchants
Are you using a Verifone VX520 terminal or VX805 PIN pad? Because of a software issue, you may soon experience a continual reboot of your device or it may become completely inoperable.
If you do not receive a new download before April 30, 2020, you will be unable to process transactions.
Our goal is to make this transition as easy as possible. Here are two options to make sure you don’t experience issues processing transactions.
OPTION 1. Update Terminal and/or PIN Pad.
If you would like to keep your terminal and/or PIN pad, follow the steps below to download a new application.
STEP 1. Identify your front-end processor.
STEP 2. Determine if the merchant needs a software update.
STEP 3. Send the merchant download instructions.
OPTION 2. Upgrade to a PAX A80 Smart Terminal.
Special Offer for VX520 Merchants
PAX A80 Upgrade Only $145!
Order by April 15th!
- Smart terminal with sleek design & intuitive interface
- Securely process EMV, mag stripe & contactless transactions. Point-to-Point Encryption
- WiFi & Ethernet
- 4” HD touch screen
- Seamless terminal updates
Note: Please do this update off-hours. This update could take up to an hour to complete
Step 1. Identify your front-end processor.
You can find this in the terminal application.
- Press purple “More” key on left side until you see “Help”.
- Press “Function” button to the right “Help” (either “F4” or “F1”).
- Look for “Processor.” It will either say “TSYS” or “GLBE” (Global).
- Choose your connection type. If you have Dial-Up, choose Dial-Up. If you have just Internet / ISP or both options, choose Internet
Step 2. Determine if you need a software update.
Click on the links to determine if you are using an outdated application.
Step 3. Download instructions.
How long will the download take? It depends on the device and the merchant’s connection.
- VX520 with no PIN pad: dial = 1.5 hours; IP = 30 minutes
- VX805 PIN pad: dial = 4 hours; IP = 1 hour
What should the merchant do if the download fails? If the download fails, please ask the merchant to try one more time.
What if the download fails again? If the merchant is still having trouble after multiple attempts, please have them call Customer & Technical Support at 866.435.0666, Option 1.
REMEMBER: If merchants do not receive a new download before April 30, 2020, they will be unable to process transactions.
Note: Not eligible if you want to continue to use an external PIN pad.
IS IT TIME TO UPGRADE? The PAX A80 is a smart terminal that delivers the highest payment security. With a full range of communication options to choose from and an optional back-up battery, the A80 is always connected, ensuring peak performance during business hours. The high definition 4″ touchscreen display and graphical user interface provide a superior customer experience.